Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Bay Breeze Half Marathon

Another weekend, another Half Marathon! This time I drove down to Hayward and met up with Trisha, Jeff and Maureen. The picture is of Maureen (left) and Trisha (right) coming across the finish line. It was the most interesting start to a race I've ever had. Before the race began we had arrived in time to sign the release form and pick up our running numbers. However, Jeff had a group bag full of our stuff and there was no bag check to be found! So Jeff and I took the car keys and jogged a half mile back to the car to put it away. Then we turned around and jogged back. When we got to the starting line the runners were already GONE! HAHA! So we just kept on jogging, right on upto and through the start. The announcer said "And here come a few more half-marathoner's" and then they started lining up the 10K'ers.

Jeff REALLY pushed me on this run, and the last mile he went ahead. He's really been keeping to a fast pace! This race was along the path that Jeff, Trisha, Maureen and I practice on when running in Hayward. But this is the first time I've ran a race along it.
As always, you can checkout my run map, pictures and stats on my Runkeeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment