Sunday, May 23, 2010

Point Reyes Lighthouse


After my half marathon this morning I was ready to take a nap, but it was just too beautiful outside for sleeping! I decided to get out my motorcycle and go for a drive through the redwoods and then along the ocean. I thought a picnic lunch at the beach would be fun. On my way, I stopped of at Lombardi's Deli and picked up a sandwhich for when I arrived. Before I headed out I checked out my maps on my iPhone and glanced at the street names. Then I turned on Pandora and headed off to the ocean. However, I never went through the redwoods or even ended up where I thought I was going. I ended up going south on highway 1 and going toward Point Reyes. As I crossed over onto the point, I saw signs about a lighthouse. So I followed the signs. Well, little did I know that May is the windiest month at point Reyes and the winds were above 35 mph. On my motorcycle, this was at first obnoxious, then strenuous, and after 20 miles of it; chilling! The view beautiful, if a bit windy, was worth it. I sat on the cliffs overlooking the ocean and ate my lunch, all the while strongly holding onto my backback, gloves and napkin. Then I walked the mile down to the Point Reyes Lighthouse and looked around. Water as far as the eye could see. It was a nice thing to do, but if I ever take a friend I'm going in my car. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment