Sunday, June 27, 2010

San Francisco Pride



This was my first time going to San Francisco Pride. Joe flew in from Boise and I picked him up at the San Francisco airport. We saw some amazing sights in the city, and had some really good times. We saw a fire downtown and watched the firemen respond. We hit up some clubs and went dancing.

On Saturday we drove my motorcycle to the city and met up with Ian and Shawny. We went to the events in Civic Park. Sunday we watched the parade; Sonoma State University had a float in the parade, their first one. It was awesome seeing my school have their float in the parade. I couldn't believe how looooong the parade was. We watched it for over three hours before we gave up and went to the events center. I think we'd only seen about half of the parade!

That afternoon in Civic Center the Backstreet Boys performed a couple of songs. By that point Des had met up with Joe and me. (See picture above) It was a great event, everyone was having a wonderful time. Joe seems convinced to move to SF. I'm glad he liked it so much.

It's definitely an event I'd like to be at next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment