Sunday, March 6, 2011

An Early Spring Boise Visit and Greenbelt Jog

I hadn't been in Boise for over a month, so I was due for a visit! This weekend was planned to be spent with my Family. Chuck is always AWESOME to pick me up from the airport. He even let me borrow his car Friday night as I scooted around town. The visit was perfect timing, too, because my best friend Katie was moving to Portland on Saturday and we got to see each other Friday night before she left!

The best news of the whole trip was that my Dad was once again cleared by the doctors as cancer free. He had been concerned that perhaps there was something coming up again, but thanks be to God he is still in good health. It made for a high spirited weekend of cards and food with those I love and care about very much. Sunday afternoon Mom and Dad went golfing because it was such a beautiful day out. I had brought along my jogging supplies and after seeing that my street teammate Trisha had completed a full 26.2 mile marathon... I knew I needed to go for a run as well. I headed out from my parents house towards downtown Boise. I had planned in my head to go 2 miles out and 2 back. I got to the 2 miles and thought, I can do 3 out and back. I got to the 3 miles and thought, I can do 4 miles out and back. I stopped a couple of times to take pictures because the scene along the greenbelt in the wildlife preserve area was just beautiful.
I got to the 5th mile and thought, Veterans park is just up ahead. I ended up jogging almost 11 miles and it was wonderful! I know I'm ready for the upcoming Alliance 5k, Emerald Across the bay (10k) and the Windsor half marathon (13 miles). :D So when am I going to do my first full marathon....?

No comments:

Post a Comment