Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Strawberries


Today is St. Patrick's Day and at work we had a potluck with CMS, HR and Payroll. There were delicious dishes all around. Of course what I brought was on the desert table and man was there a spread! Green rice krispie treats, cookies, brownies, cupcakes and of course my chocolate covered strawberries with a bit of fancy green white chocolate drizzled on top in a lacy back and forth pattern. My roommate Emma did a few designs also, complete with four leaf clovers. It was a delicious day!

St Patrick's Day is also the same day as my Grandma Florence's birthday. I used to take the day off and she, my Mom and I would get lunch. Today my Mom called me at work and said hello and we talked for a bit. It was nice, in way, remembering Grandma and her "Green" birthday. I miss her very much and I remember and treasure all the wonderful times we had.

No comments:

Post a Comment