Saturday, September 24, 2011

Sonoma Serves


This weekend was the annual Sonoma State Serves event where Students, Staff, Faculty and Administrators volunteer their time to give back to the local community. I was assigned to the Honey Bee Pool crew. I was excited for this group because the Honey Bee Pool is only a few blocks from my house; so I'd be helping give back to my neighborhood. When we arrived the local program coordinator showed us all the brush, trees and bushes that needed to be trimmed back and hauled away. It looked like a massive job. I was surprised that with twenty students working away it only took us a few hours to clear most of the underbrush. By the time we headed out there was a new picnic area for the pool patrons and the shrubbery was trimmed up looking very nice. It was a great way to give back and also work with the Students of Sonoma State!

No comments:

Post a Comment