Saturday, October 29, 2011

A California Halloween


This year I decided to go all out and throw a Halloween party. It wouldn't have been possible without the extra effort by Emily, Chuck and Emma. Thanks to each of you for all your help in making this party a reality! I couldn't have done everything on my own. Having some experience with how these things should go... I got to work in September ordering the reams of black construction paper (to cover the walls) and black plastic (to cover the floors). The most fun was getting the music together and finding that G-Force (my favorite music visualizer) has a current version that works for iTunes and even stand alone on my PC. I also had a lot of fun shopping for all the small party favors with Emma. One of the best things about this Halloween was that my brother Chuck flew in from Boise to surprise my friend and his girlfriend Emily! That Friday night we carved pumpkins to put out front for the party.


Saturday we spent the whole day working on the final party preparations. Emma made some FABULOUS jello shots (THANKS EMMA!) while Chuck, Emily and me put up the black construction paper. Phew- that was a lot of work! Then Emma did an awesome job painting up some black light reflective art on the walls for a very Halloween appropriate effect.


We got the black lights setup, the fog machine going, the pumpkins out front, beer fridge stocked with appropriate adult beverages, candy and food on the table and the music bumping just in time for Peter, Michelle, Annette and Aaron to arrive early and take a few pictures. There were football players, comic book heroes, Disney characters, VAMPIRES; you name it they were there!


It was a great night with good friends and family and made for a wonderful Halloween. You know it's a good party when it ends with me blowing up my subwoofer! Definitely time to invest in a state of the art sound system. Now the only question is what am I going to be next year...!?

No comments:

Post a Comment