Friday, April 12, 2013

Puerto Vallarta Birthday Travels

This year for my annual Birthday trip travels I started off by traveling with Kade and his family for a week in Puerto Vallarta.  The last time I'd seen his sister Christie and her husband Ryan was probably in 2007 or 2008!  Their two little children Bailey and Jake have been growing up so fast!  I also got to meet Ryan's parents for the first time.

We enjoyed the leisurely days on the beach and the all inclusive hotel made for a perfect tropical vacation.  Pictured is me on the beach enjoying a rum and coke while Kade played in the water with his niece Bailey.  The beach was only about a mile long, so the one day I did go jogging I had to venture out from the resort.  I was hoping there would be more of a sidewalk to jog along the Mexican highway but alas, there was not.  It was probably the most dangerous jog I've ever done, but it was an exhilarating blast!  haha!  You can see pictures and the map along with my comments on my Runkeeper page.

Kade's Mom Julienne had two friends visiting also and the five of us took a day trip up to San Poncho where Kade and I had vacationed back in 2007.  This year we met up with Gail and Buck who we had stayed with before and had drinks out on the beach.  I really enjoyed my margaritas and actually dozed off to the sound of the ocean.  Before I knew it Kade came over to wake me up as we had to cab it back to our hotel "Dreams, Puerto Vallarta".

Saturday night Kade and I went out in downtown Puerto Vallarta and had an absolute blast clubbing in the downtown area.  There were several Gay themed clubs all within a block or so of each other and all were packed to the brim!  We even caught a drag show where some guys lit up the stage with gasoline we originally thought was water because it was in water bottles.  Quite the shock when the stage lit up!

With all the beach time, family time, drinks and endless marches of food across my table, massages and swimming before I knew it the week had come to a close and I had to depart the group and head to Portland, OR for the rest of my Birthday vacation.  Kade and the rest of his family were staying around for the second weekend.  You can see all my pictures posted on my photobucket.


No comments:

Post a Comment