Sunday, January 19, 2014

Tinker Bell Half Marathon

This is my second year doing the Tinker Bell half marathon.  But this year Amanda and Jake joined Trisha, Jeff and me for the race!  Jake hadn't trained up quite enough so we jogged and walked the first six miles and then he stopped at the medical station.  I'm glad he hung in there for 6 miles, having not trained much that was an accomplishment!  After I made sure he was in good hands and said goodbye, I sprinted off to find my street team.  In my haste I passed them up- somewhere!?  HaHa!  I ran 8 minute miles for the second half and came in under 3 hours for the whole race.  This race IS NOT about time, I cannot emphasize that enough, because all the way there are places to take pictures, characters to see - so much going on!  It's like a theme park ride/race for runners.  Hard to describe, it's unlike any other regular race for sure.

I wanted to get more pictures this year, but just enjoyed the route.  You can see the run with the pictures I did take along with my stats on my Runkeeper page, as always!  Here's some of the pictures I got on the route - such a fun time!

No comments:

Post a Comment