Monday, December 14, 2009

Were The World Mine


Javier bought this movie and I was like, "Yeah, I'll watch that in my spare time." Then we watched it at Y.A.D. on Sunday and it's decidedly my favorite movie. This is kind of amazing because it's been a loooooong time since my favorite movie has changed.

The movie is based on a guy in his senior year and is kind of disconnected from his life. He is encouraged by his English teacher to audition for the senior play "A Midsummer Nights Dream" by William Shakespeare. I won't spoil it, in case you watch it, but it's setup almost exactly like the TV show GLEE. There are moments of song and dance that the main character enacts dreams or aspects of reality. It's masterfully tied to the Midsummer Nights' dream play in that everything that occurs in the play ends up translating into his life. I'm not a repeat movie watcher, normally; but I've already seen this one three times and I can't wait to watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment