Friday, March 19, 2010

Finally Broke Down...

and purchased my first "App" (application) from iTunes. I've had my iPhone since August 17th and have been enjoying it everyday since. However, I've never, ever ever ever purchased an application. I always use the free ones. This week I was jogging with my co-worker Trisha and she told me about an iPhone application called "RunKeeper".
You can chart out your run, you can program intervals, you can set your own playlists from your iPhone and it tracks your calories, elevation, distance- pretty much everything. THEN it posts it online (location/map postings optional, for obvious safety reasons) and you can review your progress. You can also take pictures and it posts them at the spot on the maps where you took them! It's pretty much amazing. I've already used it once this weekend when walking around Spring lake with my roommates. I can't wait to use it for jogging and have "Sheila" (that's what I've named the voice that says "You've gone 1 mile" or "Run Faster" or "Slow down") keep me on track. I even made a new iPhone playlist so I have some new music. STOKED! 7 miles, here I come (again!). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment