Monday, July 4, 2011

Fourth of July and Housewarming


Evan, Emma and I invited some friends over for the fourth of July and as it was our first event in the new house, it was kind of a housewarming, too. We spent the previous two days getting the house ready. Evan and Emma finished up some painting. We moved the rest of the boxes to the garage. Organized the furniture. Emma bought and assembled a grill on the back patio. I think we took about four trips tot he grocery store- I couldn't believe how much food we had. I helped make margaritas and I also made grandma's watermelon dip- Mmmm good! Tyson helped out on the grilling. Peter brought some delicious salsa dip. Amanda made some holiday red white and blue vegan cupcakes which were DELICIOUS! The back patio proved to be a perfect place for cooking and relaxing with beverages. I'm looking forward to more nights out there grilling. Once the sun started to set we got the fireworks out. It was fun lighting off fireworks from the ladder, as Emma suggested. With help from Peter and Ian, i setup the fireworks and they lit them. We had a pretty good show! Then I even got in some guitar hero with a few people before everyone headed home for the night. It was a fun and memorable fourth of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment