Monday, July 18, 2011

Houseboat 2011


AWESOME trip. I drove Katelyn, Adam and Alex up from Rohnert Park through Sonoma and Napa up the 5 past Sacramento until we got to Lake Shasta (just past Redding). Similar to last year, we met up with our friends Tyson, Alena, John, Ashley, Bill and a few new faces Nicole, Jill (aka bestie! or honey-bean!), Michelle, Austin, Josh, Brad and Aimee. Different from last year- I slept a ton! I guess all the traveling this summer must have finally caught up with me, or was it the 20 miles I ran that Monday 0_o'? Pictured in the pyramid is Alena on top, then Nicole and Adam in the middle with Austin, me and Josh forming the base. We did that on the top of the second story of the houseboat. It was scary and fun! Then Nicole and Adam did some owl poses and we also tried some human body planking which I hope to get pictures of from John soon.

Ashley and Thomas also had a boat this year, so there was plenty of fun to be had on the water. I got some great pictures of Alena and Adam catching some air on the wake boards, and Tyson doing some surfing. Cooking with everyone on the boat, having drinks and playing cards was such a relaxing weekend. I also got plenty of time in the relaxation station enjoying a mikes light blueberry lemonade. Both Friday and Saturday night I was the last one up- closing down the boat! I think it was because I was mixing my favorite vanilla vodka, 7up and cranberry drink with red bull.

It was another great houseboat trip and I'm hoping next year Evan, Emma, Peter and Michelle can make it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment