Sunday, June 26, 2011

San Francisco Pride


Today was San Francisco PRIDE! I drove down to the city on my motorcycle on Saturday. I spent the afternoon with my friend Brandon. That evening, we went out to the "Pink Party" which is essentially one huge party up and down the Castro district. The streets are blocked off and everyone is walking around in the street and going to and from the bars and snack shops. We stayed mostly at the Cafe and also hit up Hot Cookie for Brandon's favorite M&M cookies and I had a peanut butter fudge bar. It was so much fun being able to drink and have fun in the Castro and then just walk to Brandon's place a few streets away.

Saturday morning came all to quickly and I had to get ready for marching in the parade. Having my motorcycle in the city was wonderful. I drove Brandon and me down to the end of Beale street and parked my bike there. Just a few blocks up was where the Sonoma State University float was waiting to start. I had an absolute blast handing out sunglasses and beads to the crowd! Adam wore the Sonoma State mascot head "Lobo" the Seawolf. He did an awesome job of dancing and getting the crowd going. The parade went by so quickly, as a participant. At the end, I found Brandon and we walked around the Civic center and watched the crowd for a while before I had to head back home to Sonoma county for Stefanie and Janina's 24th birthday BBQ. It was a fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment