Saturday, June 18, 2011

Esthetic Evolution


This weekend I flew to Boise for several fun events, the first of which was Esthetic Evolution on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. This was my third time attending. First time in 2008, second time in 2009. I missed 2010 but was back for 2011! Before heading up I stopped by to see my friends Matt and Jimmy, then headed over to Shannon's house for a jog along the Columbia Village / Surprise Valley cliff. We got in a good four miles and it was wonderful catching up with her!

I drove up to Twin Springs resort which is past Lucky Peak and Arrowrock Dams in my Dad's explorer loaded up with an air mattress, camping supplies and enough beverages to down an ox. The first night was perfect because I had a few drinks, talked with random people and danced until the bars close (that's about as late as I can stay up). I woke up Saturday morning with my camera neatly hanging from the clothing hook. A bottle of empty water next to me. My car keys next to the water. My shoes were on a plastic bag in the back seat. Perfect. Had a nice day walking around the campsite. Katie and I walked up the hill a bit to get a picture of the camp end to end.

On the far right is the main stage and on the far left is the second stage. It was the first year where it was overcast and cloudy for one of the days. Normally it's so hot you can't stand to sleep past 8am.

Saturday night was a total blast! Jay made a fire show for Jessica's birthday complete with led balloons. They were also strung up in a row of hundreds of balloons and were atop the nearest hill. I got up bright and early Sunday morning and headed back to Boise for Father's day. It was a wonderful weekend with Katie, Tim, Aaron, Shawn, Tashauna, Jay, Jessica and all the other party goers.

No comments:

Post a Comment