Saturday, December 10, 2011

Hark the Herald Angels 12K


Today was the "Hark the Herald Angels 12K" race held on Angel Island in the San Francisco Bay. This was my first time running this race. I drove down to Tiburon and met up with Jeff, Trisha and Irene for the ferry ride over to the Island. I'd dressed up for the event with a halo and angel wings for the event.
I'm so glad I dressed up! When I boarded the ferry everyone on board clapped and cheered. The lady in front of me asked if she could get a picture. Before the race people came up to me and asked questions about my costume or gave me the thumbs up, etc. The entire race people loved the costume, cheering and clapping or shouting out to the "Dark Angel". I've never been called "Angel" so many times! The fun of the costume aside, this was still one of my favorite races! The view was absolutely amazing-well, once you jogged the nearly two miles up hill to see across and around the entire bay! The views were of the Golden Gate bridge, North Bay, Alcatraz and San Francisco. It was breathtaking. Thanks to my Runkeeper you can view the pictures and race route here.

No comments:

Post a Comment