Saturday, May 12, 2012

Jogging, Commencement & Andrej's Las Vegas Birthday!

No time to breathe this weekend! Sonoma State University's 50th annual commencement was set to begin at 9am. But long before that started I was up at 5:30am so I could get my "5-miles-a-day-in-May" jog in. After I was done jogging, yes, now it's time to- oh, finish packing for Las Vegas! Ok, that done I jumped on my motorcycle and headed over to SSU. There were a couple of protesters in regard to Sandy Weill receiving an honorary degree in the afternoon ceremony, but the day was largely unscathed by the discontent. After spending the morning helping people around in the wheelchairs I hopped back on my motorcycle and zipped home.

Once home, I grabbed the last few things I needed for Las Vegas and left my house at 1:30pm for the Oakland airport. I got there, through security and to my gate by 2:45pm. That's completely unheard of! It was a quick flight to Las Vegas. Upon landing I headed to the Cosmopolitan where Aida, Andrej and Mary met me in the lobby. They took me up to the suite and I was wowed by the view!


The girls took a while to get ready, so I chatted a bit on Grindr. I met a guy that was working the door at Share and he invited me and my guests to get in for free including all we could drink vodka drinks until 11pm. SCORE! I got the four of us on the guest list. Before any of that could happen, first we had to have Andrej's birthday dinner! But before that, we had to get our oxygen levels up at the Kahunaville Oxygen bar! We all sat at the bar and inhaled the various scented oxygen flows we could choose from. We also got an energy drink mixed with our choice of flavored vodka and a back massage!
Well worth the $20 :)
                              Mary, Aida, Ross, Tiff, Andrej

After the oxygen bar we went to the Botero Steakhouse for Andrej's birthday dinner. I had my first five course vegetarian meal. It was delicious! Mary had a lobster, Aida had a whole chicken and Tiff had a delicious Mac n Cheese. Mmm! We all ate way too much and also sent way too much back to the kitchen uneaten (well, except me, I was helping everyone but Mary with all their food). HA! It was a great birthday dinner for Andrej!
                              Tiff, Ross, Mary, Andrej, Aida

Ok, dinner done- time for club Share! Tiff and I made a b-line for the vodka drinks. Cran and Vodka, yes please! Everyone was upstairs in the round bar as the main club hadn't opened up yet. The gogo dancers were walking around and mingling with the crowd. Mary and I found the one Andrej thought was cute, and we all chipped in to have him give Andrej a birthday dance! Andrej really enjoyed it, so I'm glad we did it. Then just enough time for one last drink upstairs before the downstairs opened up. The club wasn't too busy yet, but this place sure has potential. Then we had to zip over to Krave where Andrej had reserved a table for the group.
The cab ride over was insane crazy. The cab driver had the music on full blast and was screaming and yelling with Aida and Mary up front. We went up to the entrance at club Krave and Andrej bartered a bit with the guy and got us a great deal for bottle service at a private table. I LOVE having a private table with bottle service! We all settled right in and the waitstaff came through (in their undies) checking on our drinks. It wasn't long before Avicii "Levels" came on and I was out dancing in the crowd. The club was awesome- as always!
                               Aida, Andrej, Mary, Ross, Waiter ;) & Tiff

The next day we did some shopping and I bought a shirt at the Guess store. Before we knew it, we were at the airport, some more hungover than others... and planes were leaving. What a memorable weekend, thanks to everyone and Happy Birthday to Andrej!

No comments:

Post a Comment