Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Sacramento Halloween

This Halloween my friend Song and I wanted to do something different, but what!? He's been up working in Redding, CA for the past few months and we decided to plan something down here in the North Bay area. I came across the Six Flags Discovery Kingdom "Fright Fest" in my email and then also remembered that Sacramento is fun to go out.

Done.

We made plans to meet in Sacramento Saturday night at Zen (A Sushi restaurant). It was quite possibly the best Sushi I've ever had!! We got the Firecracker roll (which had me sweating, crying and hiccuping!), the Volcano roll and one to cool us down; the Spicy Tuna roll. Dang- deeeelish!

The place had a great ambiance, friendly service, tasty martini drinks and lots of 20 somethings out enjoying their night. This is a must do place.

Then we shot back to the hotel to get our costumes on and get ready to go out in Sacramento. This year I probably spent the least amount of time figuring out a costume. I grabbed some shirts, boots and a hat and walla- Cowboy. I even met some nice ladies from the same era and snapped a picture- perfect!
I can't believe we forgot to get a picture of me and Song; he was wearing a Star Trek shirt. He pulled off a good Sulu! Badlands was a blast and lots of people came out in costume. It was a fun night!

The next day was SIX FLAGS VALLEJO! Wheeee! The very first ride we did was probably the scariest (and the longest line) Superman!
We spent about an hour in line, but it was so worth it! I'm guessing it goes about 30-40 mph forward in a tube, then straight up, then flips upside down, then straight back down. CRAZY FUN! I wanted to do it again, but the thought of wasting time in line made my queasy stomach even more queasy so we did other rides.

I think the scariest thing at the Fright Fest was the prices! Wholly cow- that place is 'spensive! On that note, we dropped some cash over at the comic characters store, I bought an awesome green lantern shirt, belt, fridge magnet and hat. I went a little Green Lantern crazy.

As always when I'm having fun, the time flew by. Such a great weekend, thanks Song for meeting me out and making it such a memorable Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment