Friday, October 5, 2012

Moving to Idaho... not me; Emily!

What a busy weekend!!! Friday night I went to dinner with Jaime at her favorite Sushi house "Hikuni" with her brother Steve who was visiting from France. It was great that I had the chance to meet him and spend time with the Russell family! We decided upon the all you can eat Sushi menu, and oh my gosh- they're not kidding! I've never been so full on Sushi before- but it was all very delicious. I'll definitely be back sometime; when I'm starving for Sushi!

No sleeping in Saturday morning, rise and shine at 5:20am because Chuck was picking me up at 5:30. Off to Emily's with Chuck to help put the last few items into the back of the uhaul and then before I knew it Chuck was following me and Emily as she drove her car towards Sacramento and I started to nod off...
Ok, so I came to somewhere between Tahoe and Reno, sorry Emily! But I knew if I was going to help drive I needed some sleep. We stopped in Reno for gas and a small snack and I took over driving the uhaul with Chuck as my co-pilot. He stayed entertained on my kindle fire playing tower defense games clear to the next gas and food stop in Winnemucca. From there I kept driving the uhaul but Chuck drove Emily's car. I rocked out to my iPhone music until we got to Jordan valley and low and behold-there was our Dad on his motorcycle. Filled up the uhaul (yes, again!) and headed the rest of the way into Boise. We parked the uhaul at my parents house for the night and we all slept well that evening!

Sunday morning I had breakfast with Chelsie; it was so nice catching up with her one on one. After breakfast I picked up the uhaul and went over to Chuck and Emily's new apartment. They finished the walk through and then Casey, my Dad, Chuck, Emily, Mom, me and one of Chuck's racquetball and teacher friends helped us unpack the uhaul. Three flights of stairs was a lot, but it wasn't too bad with all the help! Before I knew it pizza had arrived and we were finishing up the moving.

Then it was time for Uncle Mont's birthday party. I was really glad I had the opportunity to see so many of my family members and it was great seeing Mont. I had a chance to catch up with aunt Erni about her visit last weekend to see Kali in NYC and my upcoming trip to NYC. So nice seeing family!
Then it was time for my flight home... or was it? Nope- flight delayed, two hours! Baaaad news because I drove up and was going to take the shuttle home from Oakland to Santa Rosa. Now I would be stranded in Oakland! Thankfully I got a hold of Emma and she was on her way home from Napa and could make a detour my way. I flew home later than expected that night, and Emma picked me up from the airport. Exhausted from my weekend, ready for Monday.... Not!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment