Sunday, September 30, 2012

Allison Krauss at the GMC

No time to drink the wine we bought earlier today- I had to get dressed and get down to the Green Music Center at Sonoma State University to work the concession stands for the Allison Krauss concert! The opening weekend of the GMC was so huge that managers at the University were assigned jobs to help out. Last night I was a ticket greeter and dinner host. Tonight I was working out at the concession stands; right on the front lines! I was a cashier and given a few hundred dollars in change, an iTouch with credit card scanner and set loose! Fortunately Elizabeth O'Brien and I were stationed near each other and worked through the worst of the kinks. Xiaodong was on the other side of me and the three of us did a pretty darn good job! I enjoyed cashiering again after years of not handling cash like this. Xiaodong's iTouch wasn't scanning cards so I was bouncing over to her register and helping ring up her orders too. The night just flew by and before I knew it I was on break listening to Allison Kraus and the Union Station band. Then back to work, slinging wine, beer and cheese trays until late into the night. Meryl and Dana kept making mistakes with their beer's so I had to help them out with those whenever I could. ;) haha. Once things slowed down I headed back with Elizabeth to count out our tills and go home for the night. With all the craziness, high expectations, and exhausted staff- everything went very well and I'm so glad I was a part of this significant event!

No comments:

Post a Comment