Sunday, September 23, 2012

San Francisco Weekend

I truly count myself blessed to live so close to San Francisco that day or weekend trips are convenient, but also far enough away to enjoy all the beauty of the country side. Friday after work I drove my motorcycle down to meet Jeff from LA for a weekend in the city. We met at the Marriott near Union Square and had some drinks before heading to dinner at my favorite place, the Sausage Factory in the center of the Castro. We split a vegetarian lasagna with salad, bread and wine. Delish! Then we went out for drinks at the Midnight sun and then dancing at Badlands. We definitely turned some heads...what a blast!

The next day Jeff took me on his favorite jog along the bay starting on the Embarcaderro heading towards the Golden Gate bridge jogging along the piers then looping back around the Giant's stadium. It's a nice 6 mile jog. It was a bit humbling, as this was the first time someone else had to circle back for me- he ran 7 minute miles which is just too fast for me!
After finishing our run, we got ready for the day and took the muni (mass transit) down to the ball park again. We ate at a place called Pedro's across the street. This gave Jeff a chance to follow the UCLA game while we enjoyed a few beers and had lunch. It was a nice long afternoon and before we knew it, it was time to get ready to meet my friend Song and his friend Chad for dinner and drinks at Mas Sake on the Embarcaderro. Jeff and I enjoyed a few drinks of vodka red bull and cherry lime aid before Song and Chad joined us. Our table freed up just in time, and it was the table up above the crowd! Lucky us! We got to enjoy the scene of the whole restaurant as people were singing to the music, drinking and eating delicious sushi. I have to note, I loved how the DJ was playing all my favorites from the millennium years and the crowd was eating it up!
Song, Chad and I all ate the "Jess's Favorite" roll, a spicy mexican influenced roll that's my favorite! The bartender gave me a free drink since we invented the suggestion of combining the vodka, red bull, cherry lime aid. Mmm! Then we headed out to the Castro and hit up my favorite places, Midnight Sun and the Cafe. We had a lot of fun at the Cafe with tasty shots and lots of dancing to great music. The dancers on stage had quite fun time with our group and I even got up there between the shows to dance the night away. For dancing, drinking and clubbing to great music, the Cafe is the place to go, hands down!
Sunday Jeff and I grabbed a coffee and breakfast near the hotel. It was nice spending the morning relaxing and talking. Then he had to head back to LA and I was on my motorcycle again headed to the Folsom street fair to meet up with Song and Chad. We had a great time gawking about the festival and then headed out for lunch. Thanks to all of Jeff's tips about using the muni and bart system; I was able to get us to the lunch place Song wanted to hit up quick and easy using the Muni! The restaurant "The Twenty-First Amendment" was quite impressive. They had a selection of fresh vegan and vegetarian options as well as loads of home-made beers. Song and I split the flight of beers, and they were deeeelish!

No comments:

Post a Comment