Sunday, September 16, 2012

Clo Cow Half Marathon

Although it was the second annual Clo Cow half marathon, it was only my first time running the race in Petaluma, CA. Amanda ran it last year and enjoyed it so I joined her for the race this year. I am so lucky living here where I live in northern California. There are races all over the place almost every weekend. We also enjoy some of the best running weather you can imagine. Here's a picture along the race route.
The cool mist keeps me from overheating, protects me from the sun (a little) and even keeps my lungs comfortable! Along the route I broke ahead from Amanda to follow my own pace. Admittely, I went a bit more aggresively than I should have. Around mile 10 my heart gave me a little kick and I knew I was pushing myself too hard. So I slowed up, but was still very happy with my 2 hour time which was 20 minutes faster than my last half marathon (the Santa rosa which I'd just learned of my heart condition). I'm thinking a 2 hour half marathing is just about perfect for me from now on. The Clo Cow finishing medals are a cow bell; and they're quite loud!!
After the race, Amanda and I went to the Sunflower cafe for some fresh organic vegan food. We had the crepes and they were phenomenal! What a great weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment