Monday, November 5, 2012

2012 Election Day- Tomorrow!

My nerves have been fried by all the news, polls, facebook posts, stories and worst of all the blatant lying and hypocrisy that this election cycle has brought everyone. So when I saw this latest post the weekend before the election of how Obama is polling in the swing states, I finally give myself reprieve and peace of mind to relax and stay calm.

If the polling is even HALF right, then Obama will win. I hope and pray that's the case. The last four years have been so progressive, but we still have so much more to do. We certainly don't want to go back 50 years!

I'm proud to be a Democrat with a capital D. I'm proud that my party stands for actual values that we are not willing to compromise when the ends justify the means (ie Republicans for smaller government, but not when it comes to decisions in your vagina or your bedroom, then they want the whole government in on your business). I'm proud that my party is the banner leader for human rights, protecting the environment and our planet, the success of all Americans by having an even playing field, progressive thought, a monitored wall street and responsible budgeting. The next four years we need to focus on furthering equal rights for all American citizens so that I, for example, am no longer a second class citizen, continue striving to improve our educational system, reverse the damaging effects humans are having on the planet and focus on creating jobs here in America. Team Obama!

Time to go to sleep, peacefully with my mind at ease knowing it's in God's hands now. I'm expecting tomorrow night will be a celebratory evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment