Saturday, November 10, 2012

LA Boat Camping Weekend


This weekend I decided to take a last minute trip down to LA (Huntington Beach area) to visit my friend Jeff. I was excited to spend the weekend with Jeff and camping out on his boat for the three days. Friday night we went out with his friends for drinks. It was fun bar hoping in the Long Beach area and the guys were really nice.

Saturday we went to see 007 "Skyfall". It was a great movie, if a bit violent. We stopped off at his work the CHOC (Children's Hospital of Orange County).  Then we ran 3 miles at the 24 hour fitness, had dinner at On The Border and then went to Jill's engagement party. It was perfect because I just happened to be in the LA area so it wasn't too far of a drive to go see Jill and her husband to be, Eric. It was great meeting everyone and seeing my friends Jill & Michelle!! Jeff and I both had a good time. I'm looking forward to the wedding!

Sunday morning Jeff took me over to Newport beach for our long jog. He runs about seven minute miles, so I let him run ahead and took a few pictures along the way. Such a beautiful jog along the beach, I could really be happy living here!

No time to rest, off to get coffee and breakfast before heading back to the boat for a little kayaking around the Huntington Beach bay. I was really nervous at first, I've never Kayaked before- but Jeff was a great teacher and I didn't fall in once! We kayaked around the bay, paddling here and there and it didn't take long before my arms were sore and time to head back in.

What a great weekend in LA. Just what I needed to get away from the rainy winter of Northern California for a weekend. Thanks, Jeff!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment