Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Week

This Thanksgiving I flew back home to Boise, Monday November 19th in the evening. I got in late, but my parents were there to pick me up. It was so nice to be back in Boise for the Holiday. Tuesday I worked on their new computer a bit (transferring old emails over, etc). That night I met up with Chuck and Emily and we headed over to the Dye's house for dinner and cards. It was such a nice evening with Jami and Jason! It was a nice surprise that Jim Carnahan could also make it over. Jami's stuffed baked potatoes were amazing! I really enjoyed the wine, and it was a good time with friends.

That night I was itching to see Breaking Dawn Part II again, so I asked Andrej if he wanted to see it last minute and so we met at Edwards 22 and watched it. He hadn't seen any of the previous ones or read the books, so I had some explaining to do. Man do I enjoy that movie, so good!

Wednesday I met up with Casey and Chuck for breakfast. Then they went back to Chuck's to play Magic cards. I decided I wanted to go see Rise of The Guardians. It was really good, definitely oriented for kids, but I enjoyed it! That afternoon Chuck needed some help picking up the glass top to his kitchen table. So he and I went out in Dad's truck to get it and took it back to his house. That night I went to dinner with Kade at Jakers. It was really nice to catch up with him and have a drink and reminice a bit. After that, I was meeting up with Sarah, Jeremiah and Andrej to plan our annual Tamarack vacation in February. We had some beers at Old Chicago and I even got Andrej to try the house "Cider" as they no longer carry Ace Pear on tap. We agreed on our dates for Tamarack and then left the details for later- it was a fun night out downtown.

Thursday was the big day- and I started it off right with a jog along the greenbelt. Just as I was finishing, Emily and Chuck pulled up- perfect timing! Between me, Emily and my Mom we had the kitchen moving fast! Emily got things started by peeling the huge Idaho potatoes!
Mom focused on making the gravy just right, and I carved up the turkey. We were a great team! Everything was ready to go right at 12:30... but not time to eat just yet! Dad had a few words for the group and then asked everyone to go around saying what they were Thankful for or share something about themselves.
It was so nice having some of our regulars like Chris, Sheryl, Carlie, Cassidy, Lance, Taylor, Logan Dunne, Carrie and Rick Prange, Alice Winfrey and then some out of towners the Couts side of the family! Marcie, her husband, her brother Bill and daugthers McKinzie and Kennedy. Of course, Thanksgiving just wouldn't feel complete without Uncle Mont- 94 years old! There were so many family members who were not able to make it this year, and our thoughts and prayers are with them.

After all the food was either eaten, packed up or stored away we got into cards. We had two tables of shanghai rummy going. It was fun playing with Marcie and Kinzie. That evening I picked up Emily and Chuck and we picked up Andrej to go see the opening night of the coordinated Christmas lights show in Meridian. It was really something to see, and hear!
That night I met up with Chelsie for drinks at the Balcony. We talked for hours! so much to catch up on. Then Joe Boman came in with four or five other friends- they were out celebrating a 21st birthday! It was nice to see him and say hello.

Before I knew it, it was Friday and my trip was coming to an end- but still so much to do! I brought down the Christmas boxes from the attic and started prepping the Christmas lights for outside. I got it done in record time this year- one hour! Just in time to get ready and meet up with Katie and Jennifer for lunch at Fork downtown Boise. It was sooooo gooood! We had the house made chips and artichoke for appetizers. Then we each had a drink and excellent main courses. So nice to enjoy good food with my long time friends! That afternoon I played some cards with the family, then had dinner with Chuck and Emily at the Reef. After that, there was just enough time to stop by my house and see Javier and Danny and see what a great job they did in cleaning up the place! The garage was organized and cleaned out, the house looked good and the porch light had been fixed. I was so happy!

It was a wonderful trip home, and I'm already looking forward to Christmas to see all my special friends and family back in Boise.

No comments:

Post a Comment