Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Alcatraz

Yesterday I got a text message from Anita that she had a group on tour in San Francisco and that tonight they'd be touring Alcatraz and that I should join them!  Having been in California for over three years now and not having been to see Alcatraz I had to jump on this.  I drove my motorcycle down across the Golden Gate bridge and met Anita with her traveling group along the Piers.  We boarded a vessel and headed out on a cruise around the island, under the Golden Gate bridge and then back.  It was unbelievably cold outside, even my motorcycle gear including gloves on didn't keep me from the cold.  Yes, this is in JULY.  Had a great time with Anita, having snacks and even a drink while the group cruised the bay and took pictures.  So glad I was invited, thanks Anita!

No comments:

Post a Comment