Saturday, July 13, 2013

Lucky Peak Campout

It just wouldn't feel like summer without a campout at Lucky Peak with good friends!  I started coordinating this weekend in the spring.  I put out a facebook invite so people could plan ahead and let me know how many were coming.  I worked with my Aunt Erni and the family to make sure the boat would be available.  Planned the trip to see my Mom for her birthday and it all just came together!

Wednesday I flew from OAK to BOI.  While I was waiting in the airport for Emily to come pick me up I ran into Kali and Andy who were just headed out!  It was great to see them and give them a hug in person.  Emily came in and was able to say hello too, then I took her back to work and met my friend Jami for lunch.  That afternoon after getting the boat keys from my cousin Matt's house, I picked Emily up from work, then Chuck and we went to dinner at PF Chang's in BODO for his birthday.  It was nice spending time with them both; I wish they could've made it up to the lake but they had wedding preparation plans this weekend and it couldn't be avoided.  After dinner we exchanged cars and I took my parent's explorer to pickup Jake so we could get campout shopping done!  It was great having his help select the meals and food we'd need for the weekend trip.

Thursday morning I got a text from Emily that I'd left the boat keys in her car!  I stopped by her work on my way to Lucky Peak for the keys and then I was off!  I absolutely treasure having a family boat that sits at the dock in the marina.  It's so easy to come up and use it whenever we like!  I headed up first on my own on Thursday to secure a good camping spot.  I took the boat across the marina and docked one dock to the left of the good dock, the one with the irrigation pumping station since there were people there already.  While I was waiting at the other dock I didn't realize the boat had gotten stuck in the sand!  Despite my lifting and pushing; it wasn't going anywhere!  I walked over to the main dock and a guy there came back and helped me push the boat around and head out.  Phew!  I'd been worried about that.  He said I could park the boat over at the main dock they were on their way out.  Perfect!  I docked and set up camp at my favorite spot.  I picked up Jake from the main dock and we setup our camp.  It was nice to have the campsite to ourselves that first night.  Jake even had a special dinner planned including thumbprint wine!  I'm very lucky!
Friday Jake and I drove around the lake and went swimming in a cove together.  That evening Gess, Steven and Matt showed up.  Gess is always such a boyscout; so glad to have him along!  He had all sorts of nifty contraptions including solar powered charging stations for our iPhones.  Later that evening Kade managed to find us in his boat.  I say managed to find us because we'd crossed our communications and he thought it'd be easy to find us but I guess we were hard to find!  Poor guy, after cruising the lake for a few hours he finally found our camp site and all was well that ends well.

Saturday morning Andrej joined the crew after missing the Friday pickup because he'd had a hot date.  Then several of Kade's friends showed up too.  Sometime that morning we randomly ran into Kris Jenkins and by then we had a whole campout crew!  We spent the day playing on the lake, having drinks and enjoying the summer weather.  The weather was good, warm and sunny in the upper 80's.  I would've preferred 90's like the week before, but oh well!
We had a great weekend of fun on the water, in the sun, having drinks and good campout food with friends!  My favorite part of the whole weekend was Saturday evening on the docks when Jake and I decided to try dating long distance- We're Boyfriends!!  <3

Sunday we cleaned up camp early and got out quick.  I was back home in time to take my Mom to lunch for her birthday.  She wanted halibut so a plate of it she got, three different kinds!  It was nice to get to spend some time with her before I had to fly back home that evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment