Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Boise Visit

This October is full of travel!  Between me and Jake we have FOUR round trip flights scheduled.  Phew.  Blogging fingers get ready; it's going to be a busy typing month!  The first Thursday in October I flew to Boise for the weekend.  I enjoyed all the time I got to spend with Jake, Chuck, Emily and my family.

Friday I got up and ran - always glad when I can get a jog in on my vacation trips.  Today's mission was S2-M17/Toxic.  Jake surprised me with a lunch at Shangri-La Tea Room and Vegetarian Cafe!  My wrap was delicious and neither of us left a spot on our plates.  We split a ginger drink that had a nice kick to it.  That night we went to a place called 10 Barrel.  Jake and Damian enjoy going whenever they can.  I was really impressed with the place and look forward to coming back again next weekend!

Saturday we got up after a lazy morning and went to one of the Boise Farmer's Markets downtown.  We took several pictures and Jake said that the rustic Idaho images on the old boards gave him some crafting ideas.
After the market Jake and I headed out to 3 Horse Ranch with Emily where she took this picture of me and Jake.

That evening Casey and Kari came over to Chuck and Emily's place and we got to see little Cooper!  Such an adorable little baby.  What lucky parents!
That evening Damian picked me and Jake up at his house and we went out to 10 Barrel.  I had a large salad with ranch and Jake had the same salad but with a vinaigrette.  We all split the nachos and enjoyed some beers.  Then we went out to the balcony for dancing and drinks.  The last thing I remembered was Andrew the bar tender handing me a drink and saying "I love ya Man".  I woke up in Jake's house around 2 am and every half hour after that I was throwing up.  Until finally around 9 am I told Jake I had to get to the Emergency room.  What an awful morning!  I couldn't stop throwing up; even after my stomach was emptied my body just wouldn't stop!  Fortunately I got an iv in and was replenished with fluids and they gave me something to stop the nausea.  What a rough Sunday.  I moved my flight home to Monday morning (thanks Southwest!) and used the rest of Sunday to rest up.  Thanks Jake and my parents for being there for me.  It's going to be some time before I can eat at 10 Barrel again or have wine, then beer, then hard alcohol.  I'm not in my twenties anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment