Sunday, October 13, 2013

Boise Again!?

Yes.  I was just here last weekend but this trip was a must-do because my good friend from Boise High School, Amanda Craig is getting married!  I flew in Friday this trip and was greeted by my parents.  and that evening Jake and I went to the Boise LGBTQ Democratic Caucus event at Solid.  There were a few people I knew there from years past.  It was great seeing Matthew Montoya and catching up with him.  I bid in the silent auction and even won a few things!  Then we were off to Amanda's wedding meet and greet at Beside Bardenay.  It was so nice to see Amanda again after all these years and give her a great big hug and Congratulations in person!

Saturday morning Jake and I went to Andrej's house for brunch.  We poured ourselves a drink and made a toast to our friend Ashley who was in the Caribbean getting married to Jeremy.
Then Andrej took us to BodyBuilding.com for a personal tour of their new complex!  It is quite a building and seems like a very comfortable and motivational place to work!  All their cubes were open style and grouped in work teams.  The gym was amazing and also fully stocked with all sorts of supplements.  Andrej seems very happy here.
After the tour Jake and I headed over to Valley View retirement community to congratulate my Dad's Uncle Mont on his birthday.  Most of the family who live in Boise were able to make it.  It's become a family tradition now to get together for Mont's birthday.  Hard to believe he's not far from reaching 100!

Following Mont's birthday celebration we went to Amanda's wedding which is being held at the Boise Train Depot!  Such a gorgeous afternoon for an outdoor ceremony, cocktail hour on the train depot steps and then dinner inside organized by cities and airlines.  Very creative!  It was a very enjoyable dinner, we were seated next to some friends of theirs from Virginia.  I couldn't help myself- so I asked about the politics going on there lately with Governor Ultra-sound and boy did the conversation pick up!  I was very grateful for the intelligent conversation about current politics; yes, I had FUN!
After all the festivities we got to go up the tower of the depot and look out over the city.  It was a beautiful night and so glad I spent it with Jake!  We couldn't stay for the evening, we headed out to meet up with Chuck and Emily at their house.  We played board games and hung out it was a very nice Saturday evening in Boise.

Sunday we met at my parent's house for lunch and played cards.  Before I knew it the weekend had come and gone again and I was off to California once more.  No tears though, Jake is visiting me next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment