Saturday, December 14, 2013

Sam, Sandy & Jake Visit

It's almost Christmas and here everyone is visiting me!  Jake flew in last night and I picked him up from the airport.  Today my parents were at a wedding in the San Jose area and then drove up to Santa Rosa to stay the rest of the weekend here.  Mom took me and Jake to dinner at the Mexican restaurant up the street.  It's amazing how convenient it is to have so much just within walking distance of my house.  I grew up always having to drive everywhere.  Being able to have a short walk to and from dinner is a pleasure!

It was a busy weekend.  The four of us went to the coddingtown Macy's in search of my Christmas present from my parents.  I knew I needed a new bedspread or duvet cover and I really wanted a juicing machine of my own.  I was in luck, they had both just like I wanted and at a sale price my parents were willing to go for.  YAY!  Thanks Mom & Dad for the early Christmas presents; they'll go to excellent use!

We had a nice time playing cards and Jake even had some time to take a recipe for health bars that Amanda had sent me and make them.  They were good, but drier than we'd expected.  Almost like we missed an ingredient or something!?  In the picture is Jake preparing the health bars and at the top is the Green Music Center at Sonoma State University all light up with the holiday season colors.

Before I knew it, we were piled into the explorer to drive Jake to the airport.  When we got back, Dad stayed home and had his dinner.  Mom and I walked across the street to the Indian restaurant.  I'd never been; I was happily surprised by their delicious selection.  The next day Mom & Dad headed back home to Idaho.  It was wonderful having them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment