Saturday, June 23, 2012

20 Miles, Upgrade & Pride

Saturday morning I met Amanda in Sonoma to jog with her. She wasn't feeling that great so after 7.5 miles she stopped and then I continued on. I ended up running a pretty steep mountain near the end of the run, I was really glad I was able to run the whole thing! The map of my run is posted below, but you can see the pictures and more details on my Runkeeper post. I was planning to do 10 more miles, but once I was there I just decided to do 20. It's the first time this year I've ran that far. In fact, I think it's the first time I've ran more than 15 miles this year. It IS marathon training season, so it's expected here and there. I plan to do 15-20 mile runs every weekend I can until the Santa Rosa Marathon August 26th.

No time to rest; yet! I had to get back home, shower change and pick up lunch for me and Meryl. We worked on Saturday to perform some post-upgrade steps for our MySSU (PeopleSoft 9.0) upgrade. Then I was able to take a nap before getting up, getting ready and driving my motorcycle down to San Francisco.

I met up with Sonoma State's President Arminana, Jason, Kevin and Chuck at Lu Lu's restaurant in San Francisco for Pride night. We had a very nice dinner and drinks; it was a lot of fun. Then I zipped over to the Castro for the pink party. I forgot how many people (mostly 20 somethings) come out for this event!

I tried to get into any of the clubs, but the lines were blocks long. So after walking around a bit I drove back home.

Sunday we are finishing up our post-upgrade steps with all the systems staff. So I won't be at the San Francisco Pride parade this year. I'm looking forward to this project at work being behind us!

No comments:

Post a Comment