Sunday, June 17, 2012

Windsor Hot Air Ballons

This weekend started out with a relaxing Friday night at home and an early morning jog in Sonoma Saturday morning with Amanda. We jogged 10 miles then I came home for a nap. Then I got up and got ready for my day by picking up some picnic supplies for Janina and Stefani's 25th birthday party at Coffee park followed by Peter's 33rd birthday party at his house. Amanda brought along a veggie burger for us which was DE-lish! Then Sunday morning I got up bright and early to go with Emma to the Windsor Hot Air Balloon Classic event.
We were there by 6:30am to watch the balloons filling with hot air. There was quite the crowd! In this picture from left to right is Pencil Boy (Promoting literacy among children), the Remax balloon and Pepe Le Pew.

My favorite balloon was the one called "Sushi" which looked like a giant gold fish. We got some good pics of that one. This one was my favorite because you can see the flames heating the air inside the balloon.

Emma really wanted to take a ride, but I told her maybe next year! We had some breakfast sandwich croissants, watched the people and the balloons then headed home. I'm glad we did it! I took a nap, then went jogging with Jeremy. Then time for another nap followed by groceries at Trader Joes! I was so happy about my grocery trip because for the first time I got everything I needed for the week all at TJ's and I spent less than I normally would have. Finally I got my laundry done, watched Thor on Netflix followed by Case #39- it was a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment