Sunday, June 10, 2012

Car Shopping...


Every once in a while I get the Corvette bug. I was looking around and found this beautiful C6 convertible for sale in Milpitas, CA. It worked out really nice actually, because I got up early this morning (6am) and drove down to Hayward for the bay trail jog with Jeff. We did 7 miles out and 7 back for a total of 14 in marathon training. Not too fast, just 9 minute 30 second miles. It was good to get the 14 miles in. Maureen was running late so she and Trisha headed out after and did 6 out and back for 12. We're all going to be marathon ready soon! After that, I showered up and went to checkout the vette.
I met up with Luis and he showed me the sports car. My favorite parts are that it's in great condition, a 6-speed manual, automatic top and all the options for the C6. 2005 was the first year, so there's a few small issues. It's known for a battery drain and some of the opening latches/locks don't always work. First run issues, fixable, too. Luis has taken such great care of the car, and he clearly will miss it. He had a valentine radar detector, too, so he he knows good quality products! Driving the car was great and the stereo was very good. It would be nice to have some good audio again, and a convertible!

I came home after the vette, slept until 5, did some Trader Joe's shopping and now messing around online. Yesterday I slept in, went into work, then hit up Sushi with Emily, Chuck, Abbey and Ryan. Then we played some cards at Emily's house in the back yard. It was a really nice weekend; busy, but relaxing at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment