Saturday, May 11, 2013

A Busy Mother's Day Weekend

This morning there was no sleeping in... no, not because of running- Sonoma State University's Graduation Ceremony!  As usual, I was there to help with wheel chair service and carts that drove people who needed assistance back and forth between the ceremony and the handicapped station and the handicapped station out to their cars.  It goes pretty quickly each year and before I knew it the graduates were filing off the grass and headed home and I was headed to Boise!

Tonight Andrej had a group of people over for his Birthday.  He decided to have just a few close friends over for food, dessert and drinks.  Chuck and Emily came along too as they'd just picked me up from the airport!  It was really great to see Andrej for his birthday and doing much better after his scare earlier this Spring with Lupus.

Sunday is Mother's day!  The whole family met up at Smokey Mountain pizza & pasta on Parkcenter in the banquet room.  Thanks to Carrie and Rick who arrange this each year for the family.  Chuck and I sure did eat more pizza than we needed, but I DID start with a salad, so that helped.  It was nice seeing all the family together.

That afternoon we played cards and for the first time in a while I won the game!

I was pretty happy because I wasn't even the one keeping score.  ;)

After cards we all went to see the Great Gatsby in the Colosseum at Edwards Theatre.  I really enjoyed the movie.  I remember it from reading the book in Mrs. Olic-Hamilton's AP English class at Boise High School.  It was very cool to see Leonardo DiCaprio playing Gatsby.

Monday I had a ton of things to do!  This month I took back over the Hawkeye HOA as Becky sold her two homes and would no longer be doing the management of the HOA.  I had to go to the bank to get the account changed over and then register myself with the State of Idaho as the President of the HOA.  Then I had a dental appointment and after that I had lunch with Andrej and my Mom at Kneaders.

That night as I was landing back in California I snapped one of my best pictures of landing in the bay area so far.  You can see San Francisco, the bay bridge, Alcatraz and the Golden Gate bridge.  It was very pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment