Saturday, April 14, 2012

Birthday Vacation Wine Tasting

For my 33 Birthday I took a trip that started in Boise, ID with a wine tasting excursion into the Snake River Valley with my closest Boise friends. We rented a hummer limousine that picked us up at the BODO PF Chang's. We had so much wine along for the ride already, it was a bit daunting!
From left to right there was my Brother Chuck, Chelsie, Sara and Jeremiah, Mike, Aida, Mary, Tiffany, Andrej, Chelsea, Kari and Emily. Phew! Large group, but sooo much fun! We headed straight to my favorite winery; Ste. Chapelle. They always treat us so well there.

After Ste. Chapelle we went to Koenig. They had my favorite wine of the trip, a medal winning ice wine that I ended up purchasing a bottle of at the winery. Unfortunately for the bottle, it didn't make it back to the limousine! haha
After Koenig we went to a new place that we were recommended; Fujishin (pronounced Few-jish-an). It was a smaller winery, but it had a large tasting room. Fortunately for the gal working we were the only group there at the time. The wines were ok, but hard for me to taste them at this late stage of the game! Here's a picture of the group.
After the wine tasting tour was over, we went into PF Chang's for dinner. Andrej, Mike, Chuck, Emily, Kari, Chelsie and Casey were there. We all needed some food after all that wine. As wine tasting adventures go; this was a GREAT time! Thanks to all my friends and family that made this such a special event for me! After dinner most of us took an evening nap, and then we headed out downtown Boise. I had a great night dancing with Andrej and Chelsie. Mike was very kind to drive me and Chelsie back to my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment