Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cozumel, Mexico Day 3

It's been 7 days since I left California. And it's been that long since I've jogged. After all the calories consumed yesterday and this big gap in jogging, I couldn't go any longer. It was time to run. This was the ONLY jog I got in on the whole trip. But I'm so glad I did it! Checkout the map on Runkeeper. I ran from Erik's house and ended up near downtown Cozumel before turning around. It was an exhausting jog; to which I'd attributed to the heat and humidity, but upon reflection... yesterday's pint of sangria probably didn't help matters!

Then I had to shower. For a looooong time. I never really did cool down the rest of the day. Erik and I went downtown along one of the main cruise ship docks. We had breakfast at the Hotel El Cid. It was a nice place to have a relaxing breakfast and watch the tourists come in off the cruise ships from a distance.
We spent some more time at El Postre Cito and I snapped this picture of me, Andrea and Erik out front of the store.
For dinner I wanted to eat once more at the Cucina Italiana before I left. I had the stuffed cannoli and it was great! I forgot to take a picture until I was mostly through; so instead here's another view of the kitchen area. If you look to the very far right, you can just barely see the Italian woman who owns and runs the restaurant.
That evening we went to downtown Cozumel and had drinks at Mararitaville and watched the sunset. It was a nice relaxing evening.
Typical with Cozumel, there was only a handful of others in the entire gargantuan restaurant. Here's a picture of the patio area as we were leaving- empty!
I was glad to get back to Erik's house so I could finish reading the third book of the Hunger Games series. It was probably my favorite, but the ending was really sad and it was hard to fall asleep about 2am when I finally finished it after starting the book that afternoon. Not the smartest move; as Friday was my birthday and we had plans that went for 24 hours straight starting at 9am...

No comments:

Post a Comment