Saturday, April 7, 2012

Marin Half Marathon

This weekend is the annual Marin Half Marathon in beautiful San Rafael, California. Since the Santa Cruz half was just last weekend, no one else wanted to do this one so close so I was solo! First race ever on my own. I did run into my friend Irene at the race. It was a gorgeous day for the run. The Sun was out, the runners were excited. I started the race right up at the starting line- never done that before! So for the first few miles the faster joggers were passing me. I'm used to being the one passing slower joggers as I usually start farther back. I made a good time, one 1:52:00. Right about par for my half marathon times. I met a guy from new york who was traveling across the US running marathon races. It was a great race, one I look forward to every year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment