Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Chancellor's Office Visit

This Tuesday I flew down to Long Beach for a meeting at the California State University's Chancellor's Office on Wednesday.  I was placed on a committee that is reviewing our current enterprise application system (PeopleSoft/Oracle) and determining it's current potential.  The CSU recently completed a multi-year upgrade of 22 campuses from version 8.9 to 9.0.  The new 9.0 has many new features, some of which are not fully developed or necessarily ready for campuses to use.  The committee is reviewing these items and making recommendations up to the student system steering committee on what next steps should occur with these expansions.  It was very exciting for me, and I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to work with such great people from across the CSU.

But enough of the work talk- when I go to Los Angles one of my top priorities is to seek out a vegan restaurant.  Last time Amanda and I tried out Zephyr, which had been delicious.  Unfortunately when I arrived late Tuesday night, it was already closed!  I quickly googled and found Cafe Ambrosia and headed over there.  I wasn't too sure about this place at first. I asked the server what he recommended and he said his favorite was the vegan burrito.  So I gave it a try- I'm so glad I did!!!  It was phenomenal and I ate the whole thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment