Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Santa Rosa Marathon!


The marathon was finally here, but I am only running the half.  Due to some medical issues that cropped up over the summer I will never be medically cleared to run more than a half, and at an easy pace.  So with that in mind my friend Amanda and I planned to do the half together.  After we finished the 13.1 mile run, we went and grabbed a bite to eat at Dierk's Parkside Cafe.  I've never been and was really impressed with the food.  It was such a great idea of Amanda's to do that, because after our brunch we still made it back to the race end to see the rest of our friends complete the full marathon.

The full marathon is just the half done twice.  You can view the race route and my timings and pictures on my Runkeeper post.  My training partners Jeff, Trisha and Maureen all finished the full 26.2 miles- Congratulations street team!  Jeff finished his first marathon at an astonishing pace- under 4 hours!  I was blown away.

No comments:

Post a Comment