Saturday, August 25, 2012

Japanese Tea Garden

This morning I picked up my Santa Rosa marathon (half marathon) race packet.  Once I had sorted out with them that I was running the HALF marathon instead of the full, I was good to go.  I met up with Calvin and we headed to the city.

We walked around Golden Gate park and then toured through the Japanese Tea Garden.  It was a small park, but built very well so you always felt like you were kind of on your own.  The grounds were immaculate and it was a sight of beauty.


After walking around and enjoying the garden we went into Castro.  Cal had a Mexican restaurant he liked to eat at just off the main intersection so we tried that out.  They had pretty good burritos!  After dinner we walked up and down the Castro then settled on a wine tasting at one of the local shops.  We had both of their featured tastings; one white one red.


After our wine tasting I purchased one of their featured ice wines before we headed out to wander around some more on the Castro.  We couldn't stay out late because of my race the next morning.  I enjoyed the day and evening- it was a fun excursion to the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment