Friday, August 3, 2012

Jami's Visit!

I've been looking forward to Jami's visit all summer long! Finally the day was here! I picked her up from the airport Friday morning and we headed straight over to fisherman's wharf. We picked up some hot chocolate to go with our crab chowder bowls and enjoyed them right there on the pier.
After our brunch we walked over to the Ghirardelli where Jami bought some chocolates to share with her family when she got home. I always enjoy seeing the walls of chocolate in here- delicious stuff!
That evening we went to Francis Ford Coppola's winery in Geyserville, CA. Since I'm a member there we had wine tasting on the house.
After that, we headed out to watch the Sonoma "Romeo and Juliet" performance at the Winery. Jami and I enjoyed the wine tasting for members (yes, again!) before the play started. Then we grabbed our sandwiches and sat down with our wine to enjoy the play. It was well done, and we enjoyed it.
Saturday we met up with Jami's friend Robbie and his family for lunch at Guigni's- Jami's favorite sandwich shop. I let Jami place my order, and I'm soooo glad I did! It was a delicious ham sandwich on sweet roll with Guigni juice. Robbie's little boy (Rutherford) was so cute and was definitely a handful!
We drove around Jami's old stomping grounds this afternoon and took pictures here and there. These massive jacks were near Jami's Aunt and Uncle's place.
That evening Chuck and Emily came over and we played some cards with them. Emily brought the last of our chocolates which we paired with the wines and WOWZA was that stuff good! I had a bit much I think as Jami called me out when I got a bit aggressive with the game- what're good friends for!? THANKS Jami! :) Sunday was the day I was supposed to run 20 miles in preparation for the marathon. But since I'm no longer able to do that (Dr's orders) I slept in and then Jami and I headed out on our adventures across Sonoma county. We started off in Bodega bay where we bought sandwhich lunches to take with us to the woods. Jami bought kites for her boys there along the bay at one of the local kite stores. Armstrong woods were beautiful as always, and it was so nice sitting beneath the trees having lunch with Jami. Then we hiked around a bit and took some pictures.
All the way back we stopped off at small wineries and along the road to get pictures for Jami's collage. She got me in the spirit and I even took a few pictures of the vinyards and grapes along the way. Perhaps I'll make something of the pictures too...
As we were passing by Old World Winery, I thought we'd stop just on a whim in case my futures were ready. Much to my happiness they were in fact ready for me to pick them up! I bought these wines during barel tasting weekend in March and they were finally bottled and ready for me to take home. The wine maker was so nice, he offered us a free tasting while there. Jami got to sample the wines I was picking up.
After all the fun of the weekend, it was coming to a close and time to take Jami home. We had the last of our leftover foods and headed out- only to get stuck in terrible traffic! There'd been an accident north of Novato and the little two lane freeway was a standstill. Jami and I were certainly freaked out, and unsure if she'd make her flight. In the end, we got past the accident and down to the airport in time for Jami to make her flight. It was a great weekend, fun times, and I'm so glad Jami made it down to see my life here in Sonoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment