Friday, August 31, 2012

Lucky Peak Weekend

This Thursday night I flew back to Boise for a Friday cardiology appointment/second opinion. The appointment went well on Friday and confirmed everything that I've been told so far- so no changes there. No running marathons anymore!

Friday night I went out to dinner at Mai Tai in downtown Boise with Kyle. It was a nice relaxing evening staying in and catching up.

Saturday morning I had breakfast with Javier at our old favorite, Raedean's restaurant. While we were eating Chuck and Emily stopped by to say Hi.

That afternoon I went up to Lucky Peak with Clint and Skyler. Clint filmed the video of me and Skyler cliff jumping into the water. I've never done that at the lake, and it was an absolute blast! I'm glad Clint caught the fun on camera. It was a great afternoon of boating and hanging out with my friends.


After getting home and cleaning up from the lake, I met up with Skyler and we went out to catch the night lite air balloon event. We had just enough time to watch them light up before Skyler had to be at the Balcony for work. It was a fun Saturday night out; joined up with Emily and Chuck for drinks. Chuck was good stepping in at one point to keep the peace for me and a friend, thanks! :)
Sunday I met Andrej for breakfast and then played cards with the family that afternoon. Sunday evening Chuck, Emily and me went over to Casey and Kari's place for some card games. Chuck, Casey and a few other guys played magic while me, Emily and Kari played "The Family Business". We had pizza, brownies and wine. It was a fun night!

Monday I went back up to Lucky Peak with Matt, Jim and Keaton. We took the boat around the lake and Matt and Keaton jumped in from the cliffs. Another great relaxing day up at the lake! I'm so blessed we have a boat docked right on the water and when I visit I can just take the boat out on the lake. I don't take this for granted at all and love every minute!
After boating at the lake I headed over to my Aunt Erni's house for a family BBQ. It was nice seeing the family while visiting Boise. I even got a chance to play hearts with Artesia and my parents. Chuck and Emily were outside sitting on the bench so I popped out and took some pictures of them in the backyard. So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment