Sunday, February 3, 2013

Kaiser Permanente Half Marathon

You can track the time of year by the races I'm running- and here it is; the first weekend in February. Time for the Kaiser Permanente Half Marathon! The picture of me was taken by one of the professional photographers on the course. I don't generally buy the pictures, but I thought this was a pretty darn good one! I ended up running the race at about an 8 minute mile average- VERY good pace for me. I'm not sure how I did it! You can see the race route and picture on my Runkeeper activities here. I had a lot of fun, passing people almost the entire time. I even saw two other Tinkerbell shirts both of whom were equally ecstatic to say hello and wish each other well.

I drove down with my co-workers Mike and Erin. This was Erin's first half marathon! She was a little nervous, but she did great! She and Mike both made a good time and had a lot of fun doing it. The length of the race along the great highway is rough- the road isn't the best and it's the same scenery for about 7 miles; but the view of the ocean sure is nice. I'm glad I went with these guys and hope we have more races together in our future!

No comments:

Post a Comment