Saturday, July 14, 2012

Family & Friends Boise Trip

I was very concerned about flying to Boise this weekend since the air quality was so very poor and I really wanted to continue my marathon training (as best as possible!). I even teased my parents on the phone that I should just cancel this flight and re-book for sometime later in August. As it was, the air quality was very poor on Thursday when I flew in. This picture is of Lucky Peak on approach.
Mom and Dad picked me up from the airport and I stayed at their house for the weekend. Friday morning I got up and went for a jog along the greenbelt. The air had cleared up enough to a "Moderate" level, so I figured an 8 mile jog out and back wouldn't be too bad. I'm really glad I did. On the way back there was a small owl sitting in the trees just above the path.
I had just enough time to pick up lunch from Costa Vida and meet my bestie Shannon for lunch. She was visiting from Pennsylvania. We only had a short while to catch up, but it was very nice seeing her! I had to head out quick as I had my dentist appointment with Jennifer at Dr. Gorczyca's practice. They're so amazing; that's why I still have them take care of all my dental needs instead of doing it locally in California. After the Dentist I went with Dad to visit Sally and Carrie at Sally's house. It was very nice catching up with Sally and seeing she's recovering from the strokes she had in the late Spring.

Friday night I went out with my good friends Chelsie and Mary. We had a lot of fun at the Matador, drinks at Red Feather and then dancing at the Balcony. I met a new friend, Kyle and it was great meeting him! He's local to Boise and I hope to keep in touch with him after I'm back home.

Saturday I met up with Andrej and we had breakfast at Raedeans and then went over to the Starbucks on Overland near Maple Grove to plan out our Europe trip! We planned something big for almost every day; I'm really looking forward to this trip! It should be one of the best trips we've taken yet!

That afternoon I played some cards with Mom and Dad. We cooked up some dinner and enjoyed our time together. Dad and me ran some errands and on the way back we stopped off at Carl's cycles. I saw my dream motorcycle (Kawasaki Ninja ZX14r) waiting for me in their shop. A little pricier than I'm prepared to pay, but it's nice to dream!!!
That evening I picked up Kam from Ontario, OR and drove him back to Boise. We had dinner at Red Feather and then went out dancing at the Balcony. We had an absolute blast and I wish he lived closer so we could hang out more often.

Sunday came too quickly! I went over to see Mont while Mom and Dad were in Church. I had a great time talking and listening to him about where he met Aunt Kay and the different Universities he went to and worked for over the years. He seemed in good health, and for that I'm very thankful. I'm looking forward to visiting him again as soon as I can get another trip back home.

That afternoon I picked up Kam and met up with Andrej and Tiffany to go out boating on my family's ski boat. We toured around the lake from end to end, the land fill dam at the lower side and then Arrowrock dam at the upper end where we took a few pictures.
It was also the Balcony employee's party that night. Dave and several others hopped aboard for a spin around the lake. We had a good time playing on the water. It was nice seeing all the Balcony people out enjoying the lake too! I raced Skyler a bit on the Jet ski's and hung out with Gess a bit.

After all the fun on the water it was time to meet up with the extended family for some cards at my parents house. Only a few were brave enough to play; Artesia, Casey, Mom and I played the game. Artesia was defending her past championship. I ended up winning with 65 points, not too shabby! The rest of the family did their best to distract us, but I stayed focused.

What a great trip to Boise. Sure do love my friends and family here. I'll be back again very soon (but not until after EUROPE!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment