Friday, July 27, 2012

Katie's Visit!

To celebrate Katie's birthday we decided she'd come visit me in California. Only a few weeks after her birthday, here she was! We haven't seen each other in person for a long time and we haven't spent time together in California. After coffee with my friend Melissa up in Santa Rosa I headed south to the Oakland airport. I picked Katie up and we headed back to Rohnert Park through Berkeley. On the way, we had dinner at a Thai restaurant and then ice cream sandwiches at "Cream". I had caramel ice cream on snickerdoodle cookies fresh out of the oven- DELISH!!
Saturday we spent the day touring around San Francisco. We started off by meeting Katie's friend Anna Khardina and her husband for lunch at Savor in San Francisco. We then went to the wharf and Ghiardelhi chocolate factory. We had some drinks at one of the bars along the way- good times :)
After the drinks and shopping we were hungry again! So we had dinner at my favorite restaurant on the wharf- the San Franciscan. We had a great table right up next to the window and as the sun was setting we could see across the bay and Alcatraz in the distance.
After dinner we hit up the Castro area and walked around there. We had drinks at Harvey's and even checked out Midnight Sun. It was so nice spending the day with Katie, chatting and catching up. Sunday morning Amanda met me at my house and we jogged 10 miles around Rohnert Park. After the jog Katie was up and the two of us went to breakfast at my favorite place- the Omlette Express! On the way to the restaurant Katie snapped this picture with me and woodstock :)
After breakfast I showed Katie around Sonoma State University. We walked around the center of the campus where I took this picture of some flowering trees in the middle of the campus.
That afternoon we went wine tasting in Healdsburg. We met a nice lady at Thumbprint named Caitlyn who was thinking of moving to Boise. The three of us had a great time sampling wines and chatting it up about Boise. Caitlyn ended up getting us a sample of a pre-release wine only available to members and I liked it so much I bought a bottle. Katie also bought some wines. Then Caitlyn took us over to Topel because she thought I'd like their sweet wines- which I did! There was a very friendly guy serving there named David. After we tasted at Topel, he directed us to Roadhouse winery where Katie and I bought another bottle of wine. It was really a wine kind of day!
Before I knew it, the time had come for me to take Katie to the airport. It was a busy weekend, but so very much fun and needed time with my best friend Katie! Love YA!

No comments:

Post a Comment