Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Week

This Thanksgiving, like many before it, I traveled  back to Boise to spend it with my family.  It was a fun surprise to see Shandra Jeffries on the same flight with me.  I saved her a seat and we caught up with each other on the way to Boise.  I flew in Tuesday night and Jake picked me up.  

Wednesday I spent the day getting errands done, got my teeth cleaned, deposited the HOA checks and made some account updates.  That night Jake and I went over to Chuck and Emily's house for some games and drinks.  Jake and Chuck did a great job of polishing off the southern comfort!

Thursday morning, Thanksgiving day, Jake and I headed downtown Boise for the turkey trot.  It's a short 5K race run/walk.  We met up with Damian, his sister and Mom.  When the race started I jogged off on my own and the others jog/walked.  Jake ended up jogging quite a bit of the race.  It was a fun race because as  I was running it I would run into people I knew from Boise and I'd be like "Hey there!" and shock them.  Haha!  Both Mat Johnston and Jim Cauthen were two of the people I surprised.

Then it was time to help get turkey dinner prepared.  As always, by the time everything was set and ready people had already showed up, greeted each other and sat down for my Dad's moment to share his thoughts with the family.  This year he introduced Jake and put him on the spot to say something about himself- sorry Jake!  My Mom got really animated this year in response to something my Dad had said so I snapped a few pictures, she's so cute!
It was wonderful that our good friend Alice could join us again this year.  Whenever she can make it, we're glad to have her!

 Emily sent me this picture we'd taken together and I liked it a lot so I'm including it here.
Friday Jake had to work in Pocatello, so Damian and I went along with him.  While Jake was working Damian and I checked out the Museum of Clean.  The gentleman who created it is famous for his books on cleaning and his expansive collection of historical cleaning items.  It was really insane how many and what dated items he had inside this massive restored building.  He was onsite and eager to show anyone around the facility and talk to them about the history of clean.

Saturday I went on a jog along the greenbelt.  Zombies or my phone, something glitched out so I had to enter most of the rest of the jog manually.  After cleaning up, I met up with two of my best friends; Katie and Jenn for lunch at Bacon, a new restaurant downtown Boise.  They served delicious bloody mary drinks!  (of course, with a bit of bacon on top!)

That afternoon I brought my Christmas tree over to Chuck and Emily's house and Emily and Jake went to work setting it up.  They made very quick work of it, despite some of the branches not being labeled how we thought they should be.

Then Chuck, Emily, Jake and me went to Casey and Kari's house to hangout with them and their newest addition to the family; Cooper.  He was very cute and Emily sure enjoyed holding him.  It was a nice evening of horderves, wine and games.

For the remaining few days Jake and I stopped in for breakfast at Raedeans and I treated myself to one of their amazing cinnamon rolls.  We met up with Andrej for drinks and dinner at Barrel House where I snapped a picture of him inadvertently using the Women's room instead of the Men's.  HA!  That was pretty funny.  It was a lovely Thanksgiving Holiday with those I hold dear.  Glad I'll be back in just a few weeks for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment