Saturday, November 16, 2013

Yay Snow, Before Thanksgiving!

Friday night I flew into Boise for another fun-filled weekend with my Boyfriend Jake and my family.  It's hard to believe how much we do in just a few days!  This time Boise greeted me with snow- and before Thanksgiving.
Yes I was prepared with gloves and all, so no worries there.  First things first; Jake and I met up with Javier at Big City Coffee in the linen district of downtown Boise.  This is a favorite of ours, they have huge delicious portions of all types of foods.  After breakfast, Jake and I stumbled across musical stationary bikes installed for the enjoyment of the people of Boise.

We ended up at one of the Farmer's Markets.  I was totally impressed by the massive variety and talent of the art pieces.  This particular picture captures a variety of pickled items.  It made me think of Emma who loves her pickling skills!
That evening Jake took me to the Village at Meridian.  He'd been talking about it and how nice it was with the Bellagio style fountains and fine drinks and dinning.    My gosh- it's spectacular!
The dancing fountains were designed by the same person who designed the dancing fountains at the Bellagio in Las Vegas.  They change color and shoot water in sync with the music.  A fun visual artistic piece to watch as you stroll around the lake surrounded by restaurants and the cinema.  

Jake had dinner reservations for us at Kona Grill.  This place is faaaancy!  There's bubbling water walls with ambient blue lighting and chic music playing.  Of course what matters the most is the delicious food!  Great choice, Jake!

Sunday morning Jake dropped me off at the Marigold & Glenwood greenbelt access spot so that I could go for a run.  I ran Zombies, Run! mission 26 "Panic" and then mission 27 "Hello" for a total of about 11 miles.  Love my greenbelt jogging!

That afternoon was cards at my parents house with Jake, Chuck and Emily.  Chuck and Emily had a surprise for me!
Casey and I will be Chuck's best men and Emily's sisters Abby and Julie will be her maids of honor.  Hard to believe they're getting married in just about 6 months- Yikes!  ^_^

It was a full-packed weekend in Boise, and I loved every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment