Saturday, January 2, 2010

Skiing Bogus; Again



I've been skiing at Bogus Basin for about half my life now. I lettered in Skiing in High School, and have been an avid skier ever since. I've had such great times up on the mountain with family and friends. There's even been a handful of times I've enjoyed the solitude and beauty of the mountain on my own. However this weekend I went up Friday night with my friends Andrej and Adam. We had a good time, and even tossed back a drink at the lodge. The view of the sunset was the most beautiful site to behold.

Then on Saturday I headed up and met my cousin Matt on chair six. We had a great time catching up as the chair broke while we were riding up on it! Then after Matt headed home I met my friends Clint and Song for some night time skiing. We really booked it around the mountain, I can't remember exactly how many runs we did, but it must've been a record!

On the way home, some ladies had stranded their truck in a snow bank and I pulled over to see if they were OK. Before I knew it, I was digging out their tires and then driving their truck out for them. Felt a bit like a good Samaritan and glad I was able to help them out. Now, after two full days of skiing, I'm exhausted and going to have to get ready for heading back to work on Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment