Saturday, January 19, 2013

Disney Runners Expo

Yesterday I flew into LA (LAX) from Santa Rosa (STS). It's a quick easy flight on a smaller puddle jumper plane- I'm just glad it's a direct flight! I rented a car and drove down to Michelle & Jill Chmura's place. They were so sweet and kind to let me stay there for the weekend. It was nice hanging out with them and also Jill's fiance, Eric - who was also visiting from north bay. He made me a delicious vegan wrap that I devoured while we caught up. Today I went up to Disneyland for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon runners expo. Man can Disney put on an Expo! They had several different large rooms sectioned off for various activities. Check-in, registration, Disney Tickets, Shopping, Vendors, Shirts and even conference speeches like this one here.
After checking in, I picked up my shit and bib.
I couldn't help but get a picture with my Tinkerbell swag, shirt and bib.
I was totally impressed with all the medals and runs that Disney puts on each year! It would be so much fun to do a run in Disney World!
I think next year I'll try to come up on Thursday night so I can spend whole day at the Expo event instead of just a couple of hours - so much to do! Totally excited for the run tomorrow morning... 5am start time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment