Sunday, January 13, 2013

Marathon Training

Don't let this beautiful picture fool you, I mean, yeah, it was a gorgeous run, but man was it challenging! It didn't help that I arrived at Jeff and Trisha's place and immediately laid down on the couch with a moan from last nights proclivities. Yes, I was a little hung over. After a quick rest, I got up and Jeff and I headed out on our 16 mile jog along the Joe Rodota Trail. We actually coincidentally ran into Mike and Erin on our way back about mile 12. They are also training up, for the Kaiser Permanente half marathon next month.

I'm so grateful to have Jeff to jog with, without having to get up each morning and pushing ourselves I often wonder if I'd do it! Jeff will continue to push up the miles over the next month as he and Trisha are running the Napa marathon in March. I'm just tagging along, for now. The next marathon we're all doing is the Santa Rosa marathon at the end of August.

Here's a picture on our way out the trail. 16 miles... we did it Jeff! The next big run is what... 18? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment